Plessey wins the ‘Digital Engineering/Technology Award’ at the Made in the South West Awards 2019
Nov 11, 2019
A diverse range of businesses took home accolades at this year’s Made in the South West Awards, which took place at The Bristol Hotel on Thursday 7th November 2019.
Plessey were awarded the ‘Digital Engineering/Technology Award’ and shortlisted for ‘Manufacturer of the Year (under £25m)’. The judges were impressed by the truly innovative technologies being developed by Plessey, which they said are potentially hugely groundbreaking – with very clear widespread applications for microLED technology.
Insider’s prestigious Made in the South West Awards event showcases manufacturing from across the South West and gives the region’s companies the opportunity to celebrate their commitment to world – class quality and excellence.
The event, which was compered by TV presenter Manish Bhasin, showcased manufacturing excellence spanning from the super-hi-tech to the traditional and artisan.
Sponsors for the evening were delaware and Womble Bond Dickinson, while Kingston Barnes sponsored the drinks reception. OEG Laboratories and BDO sponsored the networking booklets and table gifts respectively.
- Manufacturing Apprenticeship/Training Scheme Award – Superior Seals
- Sustainable/Ethical Manufacturer Award – Airbus
- Food & Drink Award – Thatchers Cider
- Aerospace and Defence Award – GKN Aerospace
- Digital Engineering/Technology Award – Plessey
- Apprentice of the Year – Aaron Beaumont, Airbus
- Export Award – Stewart Golf
- Manufacturing Innovation Award – Helitune
- Manufacturer of the Year (under £25m) – CME
- Manufacturer of the Year (over £25m) – Thatchers Cider
Full list of winners and finalists can be found here.