Double award win for Plessey at the Elektra Awards!
Dec 05, 2019
The Elektra Awards 2019 were presented at a Gala Dinner at the Grosvenor House, Park Lane on Wednesday 4th December. The prestigious awards are a highlight in the electronics industry event calendar and was hosted by the magician and TV presenter Ben Hanlin.
Plessey were awarded the ‘Manufacturer of the Year’ and ‘Enterprise of the Year’ awards; as well as Plessey’s Gethn Pickard being a finalist in the ‘Rising Star of the Year’ category.
For nearly 60 years, Electronics Weekly has been bringing the most up to date and insightful news, commentary and analysis to electronics industry professionals all over the world.
As the industry evolved a clear need emerged to recognise and reward companies and individuals who stood out and contributed to the successful advancement of the sector. Electronics Weekly embraced this challenge and created the Elektra Awards.
Almost two decades later, the Awards are more essential than ever – an independently judged event that is open to companies and individuals worldwide.
- Design Team of the Year (Sponsored by BWW Communications) – Bytesnap Design
- Test Product of the Year – Sensuron – Distributed Sensing Technology and Yokogawa Europe – WT5000 Precsion Power Analyzer
- Educational Support Award – RS Components – RS Components supporting education
- Excellence in Product design for High-Reliability Systems (Sponsored by Melexis) – OMC (UK) Ltd – FDH1M FSMA Fibre Optic Bulkhead Receptacle with Fine Particulate Ingress Shield
- Design Tools and Development Software (Sponsored by Swindon Silicon Systems) – SiFive – SiFive Core Designer Takes Processor Core IP to the Cloud
- Manufacturer of the Year (Sponsored by ETES) – Plessey Semiconductors
- Consumer Product Innovation of the Year Award (Sponsored by Avnet) – Specialized UK – ANGi Crash Sensor
- Start-up Business of the Year (Sponsored by Analog Devices) – CircuitBuilder
- LED Lighting Product of the Year – VCC – Visual Communications Company – Made to Bend the Rules in Lighting Design: VentoFlex Modular LED Lighting System
- Power System Product of the Year – Analog Devices – LTM4638
- Internet-of-things Product Innovation Award (Sponsored by Micron Technology) – NXP Semiconductors – “NTAG 5 link” from NXP Semiconductors
- University Research Project of the Year Award (Sponsored by RS Components) – University of Bath – Plasmonic nano-particles sensing
- Passive and Electromechanical Product of the Year (Sponsored by Avnet Abacus) – Harting Ltd – The HARTING T1 Industrial
- Rising Star of the Year (Sponsored by Power Integrations) – Giovanni Sobrero – Rolls-Royce and Alex Beasley – Pico Technology
- Best Campaign of the Year – Nanusens – Launch of Nanusens NEMS-within-CMOS technology and fund raising
- Distributor of the Year (Sponsored by Panasonic) – RS Components
- Excellence in Product Design for Medical – Melexis – World’s smallest medical grade FIR sensor
- Semiconductor Product of the Year – Digital – Renasas Electronics – RZ/A2M Microprocessor with DRP Technology
- Semiconductor Product of the Year – Analogue (Sponsored by Mouser Electronics) – Analog Devices – 5V, 10A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher 2 in 3mm x 3mm LQFN
and SmartSens Technology – SC132GS (Metis)
- The Automotive Electronics Innovation and Excellence Award (Sponsored by ITECH Electronic Co. Ltd) – Blu Wireless – Blu Wireless’s mmWave 5G highspeed transport solution
- Enterprise of the year (Sponsored by Mornsun) – Plessey Semiconductors
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Damon de Laszlo – CEO, Harwin
Full list of finalists and more information can be found here.